For sale & wanted
Disclaimer: The photographs and technical supporting details relating to all the offers and advertisements given here are presented as provided by the sellers. Readers should be clearly aware that the information conveyed on this page is posted by the Association in good faith, and without any checking whatsoever or verification as to its correctness or suitability for the purposes of aviation etc.. Caveat emptor!
Pitts Special S1S G-OSIS won the Prince Michael of Kent Trophy for Concourse D'elegance (Best in Show) at the 2018 LAA Rally, plus a commendation in the best plans built aircraft category. With only the test flying hours completed since new, G-OSIS is the closest you can get to purchasing a brand new Pitts S1S in 2018. Not to be confused with other Pitts currently on the market, G-OSIS is a completely new build rather than a high time rebuild or repaired crashed aircraft. It has never suffered any accident damage or hangar rash. Even the canopy bears no scratches or swirls!
- Approx 12 (twelve!) hours since new. No damage history.
- Empty weight 830lbs.
- Permit to Fly valid until July 2019
- Stock S1S with Grove Spring Gear
- Carbon-Fibre nose-bowl, spinner and spats
- S1T Wings with symmetrical
ailerons giving faster roll rate than the standard S1S spec
- Integral top wing fuel tank installed
- Internal VHF Comm antenna for reduced drag
- 180HP Lycoming AEIO-360-A4M approx 12 (twelve!) hours since zero time overhaul
- Airflow Performance Fuel Injection
- Sky Dynamics cross-over exhaust
- B&C Light Weight Alternator & Skytec lightweight starter
- Christen inverted oil system
- Hercules propeller
- Airflow performance electric fuel boost pump package
- MGL Extreme EMS
- Trig TY92 VHF Comm system (8.33KHz)
- USB for charging GPS / tablet or phone
Price £59,995 GBP
Located at Wickenby, viewing essential! Further details and pictures available here: www.
Contact Phil Burgess:
1976 Pilatus B4-PC11AF for sale
- Fully Aerobatic
- Retractable Gear with Warner system
- 2800 Hrs Total Time
- Converted to AF (Fully Aerobatic) in late 2000s
- Original Paint Scheme
- Full history from time in the Netherlands to import into the UK in 1983 and full UK history to present
- 2 Serviceable Batteries
- Tow Out Gear
- Tail & Wing Dollys
- Serviceable Radio & Instruments
- Twin Axel Aluminium Trailer
- Fully Roadworthy
- Good Condition, Rodent proof & Watertight
- Very Roomy (Converted from K21 Trailer)
Sensible offers please! (Usually go for around £15,000)
Contact Aaron Cole:
A stunning and concourse example of a Pitts S1-S. Complete bare-metal/re-fabric rebuild was completed in late 2017 by Rob Milinship.
G-OKAY was built from a Factory Kit, so is completely standard (it is actually an S1E). It has a long history of winning competitions and formed part of the Marlboro Aerobatic Pitts Team in the 1980’s
- Bare-metal fuselage rebuild, complete recovering in unique paint job.
- Zero-timed, Lycoming IO-360-B4A Fuel Injected. Rebuilt by Isenburg Engineering
- 9.5:1 LAA Approved, Hi-Compression upgrade, NFS PTFE Pistons
- Header tank, standard Christen Inverted Oil system, spin-on oil filter
- Light-weight alternator, standard heavy-duty starter
- Carbon-Fibre: Spinner, split-bowl, Instrument panel, spats. Optional clear-perspex belly panels
- New Hercules propellor
- Factory fitted wing Smoke tank with Mark Jefferies pump/injectors
- MGL Xtreme EFIS (artificial horizon/electronic compass etc) and full EMS/Fuel flow etc
- No glass fuses, all modern switchable Circuit Breakers on Instrument panel
- In-built, smoothed and regulated 5V/3A USB power supply for iPad/Tablet etc
- New FUNKE ATR833 8.33Khz Radio and Trig TT21 Transponder
- S1T Fin/Rudder upgrade and Aileron Spades
- Stunning, as-new condition, Permit July 2019
Contact Steve Evans:
Tel: +44 (0)7884 236873
Must have inverted fuel system, either Renault PO3/PO5 or inverted Gipsy (10-2 preferred) and front cockpit cover. Any condition considered, permit or C of A but ideally a flyer.
Contact Richard Ward:
Tel: +44 (0)7860 123886
We are delighted to have this T67B arriving shortly. This aircraft is a 2 seat aerobatic trainer aircraft designed and developed by Slingsby and permitted for +6G -3G aerobatic manoeuvres. With a very full specification, low engine and propeller hours this is an exceptional aircraft for the discerning aerobatic pilot.
Please visit https://wilcoaviation.co.uk/slingsby-t67b-aerobatic
Price: £29,995 GBP (no VAT)
Contact Kyle Millett:
Tel: +44 (0)20 3475 9255
A very tidy example of the classic Pitts S1-S built in 1974 by Michael Brandt the then Chief Engineer of Robin Aviation, benefiting from an LAA Permit until the end of May 2019 and recent investments including:
- Brand new MT 186 R 160 - 4G Propeller, May 2018
- Full Engine Strip down and inspection at Multiflight, May 2018
- New Slick magnetos and harness, May 2018
- Bungees replaced June 2017
- Varley Lithium Li-5 lightweight battery, July 2017
- New instrument panel installed 2017 including Trig TY91 8.33hz Radio and Trig TT21 Transponder
Total time for the the aircraft is 900 hours, the IO-360 B4A engine has 358 hours since zero time and 36 hours since strip down and inspection, one of the best examples of a Pitts Special in the UK.
Currently based at Full Sutton Airfield (EGNU) York, North Yorkshire
Price £47,000 ONO
Contact Simon Wood:
Tel: +44 (0)7786 027785
Rare opportunity to complete a LAA registered new build Pitts S-1T.
Project comprises Aviat kits and parts for an S-1T with correct engine and propeller together with other new or overhauled standard aircraft parts as required.
Open to sensible offers
Contact David Shutter:
Tel: +44 (0)7899 997845
We are looking to replace our emergency parachutes in a Slingsby Firefly that we operate. We are looking at the slim chutes rather than what was supplied to us with the aircraft which seem less suitable.
Open to ideas, purchase new or second hand, part exchange with our well maintained chutes or trading for some aircraft time or aerobatic instruction please get in touch.
Contact Take Flight Aviation:
Tel: +44 (0)1789 470424
Two seat, Aerobatic Competitor. Factory fresh aircraft with many factory fitted optional extras. Only 50 hours since new. Perfect for Competition or an Aerobatic Flying School. Garmin GTN 750
- Engine: Lycoming AEIO-580-B1A, 315 hp, 6 cylinder engine (53 Hours Since New)
- Prop: MT, MTV 9-B-C/C198-25, 3-blade propeller (53 Hours Since New)
- Two fuel pumps (1 engine-driven, 1 electric)
- Gomolzig, 6-in-1 exhaust system
- Single oil cooler system
- Electric starter
- Lycoming Cold Weather Kit - Upgrade
- Fresh Annual August 2018
- ARC to March 2018.
Original and Complete Logbooks. Always maintained by Brooklands Engineering at Sywell.
For more details see https://omegaaircraft.co.uk/2015-extra-330-lx.html
Contact Phil Walker:
Tel: +44 (0)7843 021091
Pitts S-2S 1981, TT 320 hours. Factory built, Standard and Acrobatic Airworthiness Certificate.
- Engine 0 hours since overhaul with new cylinders, camshaft and accessories
- Propellor 0 hours since overhaul with new hub
- Symmetrical ailerons with spades
- Upper wing smoke tank
As a result of faulty welding for SB 25 compliance the fuselage frame has been replaced with a factory new frame, now non recurring SB 25 compliance. Due to incorrect maintenance procedures the engine mount and undercarriage legs have also been replaced. All new parts are zero hours.
Aircraft dismantled for crating and shipping. Offers invited in the region of £70,000
Contact Howard Fawkes:
Tel: +44 (0)7803128000
1997 Extra 200 located in New York USA. All documentation up to date and kept in a heated hanger and well maintained.
- 960 TTAE
- 250 TSPO
- Long Range fuel tanks (40 Gal wings)
- Electric Rudder Pedals
- Lexan Baggage Tray
- New Hooker Harness double ratchet
- New Tires, Hoses, Magnetos, Plugs
- No Damage History
Contact Jeffrey Petrocelli:
Excellent aircraft for beginners through to advanced. As a permit aircraft, it is very cheap to run and you won’t get more bang for your buck. Major Engine overhaul and new Prop 2011.
- Lycoming IO360
- 2-Blade Constant Speed Propellor
- 230HP hi-performance engine
- Mid-Wing comfort
- New Funke 8.33Khz Radio
- New Trig TT21 Transponder
- Lightweight Starter, lightweight Alternator
- Cold-sump induction
- 4:1 Exhaust
- Vne 203Kts, very slippery!
- Built in Australia for their advanced nationals to Dave Pilkington design
- Permit May 2018
£56,000 includes parachute.
Contact Steve Evans:
Tel: 07884 236873
We are two competition pilots looking to sell a third share in the aeroplane. This is a fantastic competition machine capable of taking you all the way to Unlimited.
- Carbon Wing
- Excellent condition
- High hours on engine (1200), but v. good condition
Share Price: £29,000
Contact Dave Farley:
Tel: 07793 462107
4 Blade MT Propeller, MTV-14-B-C/C190-17, complete with spinner and back plate. In need of overhaul but a considerable saving on a new one.
Items can be sold separately. Sensible offers only please.
Contact Michael Pickin:
Skyboard Aerobatics had a splendid 2017 taking 12 podium positions in five contests. The wins include Intermediate National Championship, First, Second and Fifth places, Air Squadron Trophy, Swinstead Trophy, Extra Trophy and Fenland Trophy to name some. 2018 we are looking for Sports, Intermediate, Advanced and Unlimited level pilots to join the winning team.
Skyboard Aerobatics Ltd are offering one to one coaching from former three times British Unlimited Aerobatic Champion, Tom Cassells, and hire of top quality aerobatic aircraft:
- A beautiful Slingsby T67M200 totally rebuilt 2016 with zero timed engine and prop. Very well equipped for the ferry to the contest two Garmin 430's fitted. This is the classic machine to begin the journey. Club and Sports level
- Extra 300-200, again totally rebuilt 2016. A great little performer and our "regular staircase to the podium". Suitable for Sports and Intermediate level. This winter getting new 8.33 and S transponder
- Cap 232 , One of the nicest aerobatic aircraft to fly in the world. The shape in the aerobatic box presents wonderfully. Number 15, the fuselage and tail has been totally rebuilt by the factory in 2015. This winter is having a grand visit wing off full inspection and brand fire new AEIO 580 to drive the zero timed wide cord three blade MT. Also having avionics upgrade.
For Advanced and Unlimited:
Training from Three Times British Unlimited Aerobatic Champion Tom Cassells. Intense training to achieve the individuals highest level in competition both national and internationally. Skyboard is not about flying lots of pilots, its about improving the level of the pilots who fly here. I am one man and cannot train more than 10 pilots per year. If you really want to do this sport and do it well get in touch.
Contact Tom Cassells:
Either new or second hand and in excellent condition, being re-packed and re-certified by one of the UK’s leading parachuting operations.
A good selection is always available, including different types. Especially those that come down the back and under the thighs. Dimensions are 770x370x65mm. Max deployment speed 200mph, max weight 253 lbs and min deployment height 60 metres. Thin back glider types are also available
We have supplied chutes for the following aircraft in last 2 years: Vans RV 8, RV 7, RV 4,Yak 52, Cap10b, Stampe, Slingsby Firefly, Steen Skybolt, Citabria, Europa, DH Chipmunk, Piper Matisse, Acrosport 2, Jurca Tempete, Christen Eagle, as well as Silence Twister.
Pre used ones in the region of £500-£600 but any new slimback chute inc VAT is now in region of £1600. Parachute bags also available.
Contact Richard Boyton:
Tel: 01376 330220
- Super comfortable articulated harness
- Slimmer, flatter profile
- EASA approved
- ISO9001 and AQAP certified
- UK Dealer support
- Competitive price point
Contact Parachute Services:
Tel: 01600 861920
Parachutes for ALL purposes
"The Wedge" is specifically designed to provide good lumbar and sacral supportduring high positive-G maneouvres. Weight approx: 17 pounds
Contact Rob Howarth:
Tel: 07739 555203
Treat yourself to a copy of the best book ever written on free-style flying, by the all-time acknowledged expert in his field. Xavier de Lapparent's world championship winning knowledge and experience with Sukhoi and CAP unlimited aeroplanes in four-minute freestyle events is all here in step-by-step mode, translated from the French by Diana & John Britten.
£62.00 plus postage (UK £2.50, Europe £5.00, US & rest of world £7.50)
For much less than the cost of half an hour in your aeroplane, take a leaf from the Master's book on "How to Do It".
Contact Diana Britten:
Tel: 01932 873332
How to add your own advert...
To display your own advert on here, for free, please contact the webmaster to organise this. The rules are as follows:
- The item for sale must be your own property or privately sought by you, ie. not Trade or from / for a third party
- Your copy must include your full contact details - preferably with your email address
- Neither the BAeA nor its web masters or any other officer can act on your behalf or as an intermediary
- The BAeA takes no responsibility for any aspect of displayed copy, and may withdraw any item without notice