For sale & wanted
Disclaimer: The photographs and technical supporting details relating to all the offers and advertisements given here are presented as provided by the sellers. Readers should be clearly aware that the information conveyed on this page is posted by the Association in good faith, and without any checking whatsoever or verification as to its correctness or suitability for the purposes of aviation etc.. Caveat emptor!
This beautiful CAP 232 after just nine hours was completely overhauled in 2001with many improvements to produce probably the best 232 ever built. The French engineer / unlimited level pilot had the overhaul carried out so the aircraft was the lightest and most competitive aircraft possible.
It was fitted with many certified modifications in preparation for the free program and international aerobatics championships with the French National Team. The emphasis was on a high power to weight ratio and so along with the extensive weight saving measures the engine was modified to produce 340 HP – a big increase on the standard. In addition there were modifications to the engine to enable resilience to gyroscopic figures. There is an extra front crankshaft bearing, an expensive Lycoming modification and many other improvements to ensure a well-balanced and powerful engine.
- All AD’s and SB’s completed
- CAP fuselage modification (AD 2006 – 0211R1-E) carried out
- Annual to December 2017
- New 50 hrs / six month check
- Airframe total: 395 hrs
- Engine: 395 hrs
- Prop: 2.5 hrs SMOH – next due March 2022
- Special type certified 340 HP (Dyno stand test) high performance engine: AEIO 540 L1B5D. Overhaul by France Aviation.
- Completely balanced (crankshaft and rods)
- The very expensive (15,000 USD) Lycoming SI 1354 B main front bearing modification
- Special exhaust system
- Intake ports and pipes polished
- Fine wire iridium spark plugs
- New light B&C small engine gear driven alternator (- 3 kgs)
- New light starter (-3 kgs)
- Light flywheel starter ring gear (-0.6 kgs)
- Very light titanium firewall (-2 kgs)
- All steel mechanical parts received Cadnium anti-corrosion treatment
- All light alloy mechanical parts received anodic anti-corrosion treatment
- Probably the lightest CAP 232 on the market ever made - just 604 kgs
- PropellerMT four blades, recent major overhaul
- King radio KY 97A
- Electronic accelerometer
- Trig Avionics TT21 Mode S Transponder with Comant CI-105 antenna
- RC Allen RCA 2600 Kelly MFG Digital Horizon, calibrated for Cap 232
- Garmin GPSMAP 495 (removable)
- Carbon fibre seat plug
- Special carbon sight gauges (2)
- Hooker five point harness
- Back pack parachute
- Spare parts – details on request
EUR 145,000 no vat.
Contact John Askew:
Tel: +44 (0)7703 858952
Stunning as new 2010 Extra 330LC only 175 hours total time from brand new. 2 owners, always hangared, maintained by Brooklands engineering who look after The Blades. Fresh Annual as of 07/07/17. Brand new exhaust system fitted. Ready to go for the summer. Free conversion onto type included in the sale. Beginners to advanced aerobatics course also available.
- Lycoming AEIO-580
- MT 3 Blade composite constant speed propeller
- Garmin 296
- Becker Radio and Transponder
- Factory fitted smoke system
- Lexan luggage rack
- Electrically adjustable rudder pedals
- 120 litre wing tanks
- 67 litre centre acro tank
- Grey Leather seats & Hooker Harnesses.
Only ever flown gentle sportsman aeros. Never competed or used for training. A pampered toy. For more photos and video visit: http://www.cirrusaircraft.co.uk/pre-owned/cirrus-aircraft-uk-extra-330lc/
Contact Charlie Kimbell:
Tel: +44 (0)7413 014144
We are two competition pilots looking to sell a third share in the aeroplane. This is a fantastic competition machine capable of taking you all the way to Unlimited.
- Carbon Wing
- Excellent condition
- High hours on engine (1200), but v. good condition
Share Price: £29,000
Contact Dave Farley:
Tel: 07793 462107
I have a smoke system for sale. It's a Smoking Airplanes SA-101 series with 3.5 gallon tank with a second injector for greater impact.
It came out of my RV8 and was used for one season only. I have a jerrycan with smoke oil to go with it.
Asking £1,095 O.N.O
Contact Rogier Westerhuis:
Tel: +44 (0)7960459183
4 Blade MT Propeller, MTV-14-B-C/C190-17, complete with spinner and back plate. In need of overhaul but a considerable saving on a new one.
Items can be sold separately. Sensible offers only please.
Contact Michael Pickin:
Here for sale is a National flat emergency parachute. It is only 7 years old, having a manufacture date of 2009. It comes complete with a fresh repack (and signed log book) by BCB International, Nov 2016. It is a really comfortable and light weight emergency parachute to wear! This rig also comes complete with an original National carry case. Priced to sell at £875.00
For sale are two light weight Gentex HGU-55 helmets, a diamond white finsh and the other a mirror finish.
Diamond white (large):
It is a size Large. It has civilian GA twin plug avionics, including a noise cancelling microphone. This helmet is ideal for aerobatic pilots, and tight cockpit environments. It comes complete with a tinted visor, however if you would prefer a clear visor, this is also possible. Priced to sell at £875.00.
Mirror finish (medium):
It is a size Medium, and has a custom, mirror finish paint job! The helmet is complete with civilian GA avionics, and currently installed is a noise cancelling microphone. The helmet comes with an Emerald tinted visor, however if you need a clear or standard tinted visor for it, one is available. This helmet is ideal for aerobatic aircraft, and their inherent tight spaced cockpit environments! Priced to sell at £925.00.
Skyboard Aerobatics Ltd are offering one to one coaching from former three times British Unlimited Aerobatic Champion, Tom Cassells, and hire of top quality aerobatic aircraft for the 2016 season.
Club and Sports
Slingsby Firefly T67M 200 fully inverted fuel and oil system. Great introduction to the sport.
Intermediate and Advanced
Extra 300-200 fresh after total overhaul. Maximum 4 pilots for training camps plus contests.
Advanced and Unlimited
Cap 232. Maximum three selected pilots 2016, six training camps plus selected contests. All flights critiqued.
Interested pilots please email for further detail
Contact Tom Cassells:
Stampe sv4c, 1946 with only 3900 hours tt and 720 hours on Renault engine which has just had a top end overhaul. in truly excellent condition all round, recent fabric and paint, delightful aeroplane to fly and fully aerobatic, fitted with radio and transponder. hangared at Netherthorpe (EGNF) £49,950 possible p/x considered
Contact Clive Butler:
Strong seat pack emergency parachute. Previously used in Yak, in perfect order repacked and ready for use (or hopefully not).
Checked and repacked by myself BPA Advanced Instructor/Examiner Rigger APP#91 £350 ovno.
This system has been dismantled cleaned reassembled inspected and packed. Can been seen at Langar Airfield, Langar, Notts NG13 9HY.
Contact Dave Morris:
The Glos Airtourer. A good all round two seat sport aircraft flown to 2nd place in the air squadron free style.
- 150 HP
- Fixed pitch propeller
- 140 MPH cruse
- Total time 2230 airframe and engine
- 314 hrs since new camshaft, bearings, crankshaft plated, oil pump, filter mod, re bore, new pistons and prop referb
- ARC due 15/10/15
- Built in 2011
- 210 engine & prop hours German registered
- Engine: Lycoming AEIO 580 L1B5, 315HP
- Prop: MTV-9-B-C/C203-20d
- Fuel: 74L Acrotank 2 x 105L Wingtanks
- Transponder: Filser TRT 800 H
- Brakes: Cleveland
- Smoke System: 30L Tank with electric Fill System
Contact Midland Aviation:
Tel: +353 87 2260418
Either new or second hand and in excellent condition, being re-packed and re-certified by one of the UK’s leading parachuting operations.
A good selection is always available, including different types. Especially those that come down the back and under the thighs. Dimensions are 770x370x65mm. Max deployment speed 200mph, max weight 253 lbs and min deployment height 60 metres. Thin back glider types are also available
We have supplied chutes for the following aircraft in last 2 years: Vans RV 8, RV 7, RV 4,Yak 52, Cap10b, Stampe, Slingsby Firefly, Steen Skybolt, Citabria, Europa, DH Chipmunk, Piper Matisse, Acrosport 2, Jurca Tempete, Christen Eagle, as well as Silence Twister.
Pre used ones in the region of £500-£600 but any new slimback chute inc VAT is now in region of £1600. Parachute bags also available.
Contact Richard Boyton:
Tel: 01376 330220
Built to an exceptionally high standard in 1998 and installed from new with a factory new 200hp Lycoming AEIO-360-A1D this aircraft includes all the correct modifications at build stage (latest Aviat fuselage with the proper gear strengthening, solid compression ribs for drag wires, â€œBâ€ type propeller hub).
Lightly built with over 500lb payload, excellent balance and with a TTAE of 397 hours this aircraft is still in immaculate condition - original and unspoiled with build log and build photographs.
The Christen Eagle is the perfect all round aircraft for the UK being one of the very few that is aerobatic (with inverted systems), has two seats with ample room, ample useful load and can be operated on an LAA permit to fly.
Permit till August 2012, fitted with ratchet double harness, JP Instruments Fuel Scan 450, Garmin GTX 327 and GNC250XL. 2 softie parachutes and smoke system available separately.
- Super comfortable articulated harness
- Slimmer, flatter profile
- EASA approved
- ISO9001 and AQAP certified
- UK Dealer support
- Competitive price point
Contact Parachute Services:
Tel: 01600 861920
Parachutes for ALL purposes
"The Wedge" is specifically designed to provide good lumbar and sacral supportduring high positive-G maneouvres. Weight approx: 17 pounds
Contact Rob Howarth:
Tel: 07739 555203
Treat yourself to a copy of the best book ever written on free-style flying, by the all-time acknowledged expert in his field. Xavier de Lapparent's world championship winning knowledge and experience with Sukhoi and CAP unlimited aeroplanes in four-minute freestyle events is all here in step-by-step mode, translated from the French by Diana & John Britten.
£62.00 plus postage (UK £2.50, Europe £5.00, US & rest of world £7.50)
For much less than the cost of half an hour in your aeroplane, take a leaf from the Master's book on "How to Do It".
Contact Diana Britten:
Tel: 01932 873332
How to add your own advert...
To display your own advert on here, for free, please contact the webmaster to organise this. The rules are as follows:
- The item for sale must be your own property or privately sought by you, ie. not Trade or from / for a third party
- Your copy must include your full contact details - preferably with your email address
- Neither the BAeA nor its web masters or any other officer can act on your behalf or as an intermediary
- The BAeA takes no responsibility for any aspect of displayed copy, and may withdraw any item without notice