For sale & wanted
Disclaimer: The photographs and technical supporting details relating to all the offers and advertisements given here are presented as provided to the BAeA by the sellers. Readers should be clearly aware that the information conveyed on this page is posted by the Association in good faith, and without any checking whatsoever or verification as to its correctness or suitability for the purposes of aviation etc.. Caveat emptor!
Hangared in White Waltham
- Manufactured in 1994
- TTAF 2280 hrs
- TTE 1240 hrs (TBO 1400)
- Engine AEIO-540-L1B5D - 300hp
- Prop MTV-9-B-C/C 200-15 3-blade constant speed. Next O/H due March 2018
- Annual due March 2018
- +/- 10G. Smoke equipped
This is a great chance to own and fly an Extra.
Huge power, fantastic handling, great cockpit environment. The engine still performs perfectly but will have to be overhauled in the next couple of years, hence the price. She will take you all the way to unlimited if you have the ability. If you don't, you will still have a barrel of laughs and she will probably always be the best aircraft you ever flew!
Contact Marc Amey
Tel: +44 (0)7941 470362
Stampe sv4c, 1946 with only 3900 hours tt and 720 hours on Renault engine which has just had a top end overhaul. in truly excellent condition all round, recent fabric and paint, delightful aeroplane to fly and fully aerobatic, fitted with radio and transponder. hangared at Netherthorpe (EGNF) £49,950 possible p/x considered
This fantastic and immaculate Pitts S-2A is based at Kemble airport, which has unrestricted airspace, a 1,973 metre asphalt and 561 metre grass runway. We have an online booking system, very good availability and easy access to the aircraft. Great for training, touring or taking friends around the skies, the S-2A is also ideal for competition aerobatics up to intermediate level. Running costs £185 per month and £95 per hour wet
- Factory-built in Wyoming by Aerotek, Serial Number 2137, factory certified S2A
- Completely overhauled. All lifed parts zero timed, (engine, prop, governor and fuel servo), new fabric and paint.
- CAMO controlled by One Sky Aviation at Wickenby
- EASA C of A, next annual due in June 2016
- Hartzell Constant System propeller.
- Hooker harness front/back and smoke.
- Trig transponder
- Two-seat sport biplane of conventional steel tube, wood and fabric construction.
- Airframe: 1250 hrs , with metal side panels.
- Certificated to +6/3G in Aerobatic Category, max aerobatic weight 1500lb.
- Lycoming AEIO-360-A1A engine producing 200hp at 2700rpm: 35 hrs
- Max level speed approx 164mph, Vne 203mph, normal cruise 145mph giving 10gph.
- Bendix fuel injection system, Christen inverted oil system.
- 2-place canopy for all-weather operation.
- Wider fuselage for extra passenger comfort.
- Longer undercarriage for slower landing speed.
- Aresti display board front and rear
For further details email email@example.com
- Year of contruction: 2000
- Serial Number 6034
- Total Time Airframe: 425h
- Engine: AEIO-540-D4-A5: 425h, compression leak test: 74-73-75-74-75-76
- Prop MTV-9BC/C203-46: 115h
- Transponder BendixKing KT76C
- VHF communications BendixKing KY97A
- 6 into 1 exhaust system
- Factory smoke system
- Aux tank
No damage history and All AD’s are done. Next annuel inspection februray 2016 and is based in Belgium, €145,000 (£101,000) - private sale, European VAT and import taxes are paid
Contact Stijn De Jaeghere
Tel: +32 4973 51822
An immaculate CAP 231 that has been perfectly set up, and very capable up to Advanced level. Currently based at White Waltham and maintained by SwiftAir at Leicester.
- TTAF: 2155hrs
- TTE: 1235hrs (Now GR24, so can run on condition - excellent performance)
- Fresh Annual - Next due April 2016
- Prop O/H March 2014, 38hrs - Next due Feb 2020
- Grande Visit Due Sept 2017
Smoke equipped. New battery, new oil cooler, new tail wheel, new smoke pump, new GAMI injectors. Garmin 496 GPS with approved mount. Full set of covers – wing, stab, cowling
Fantastic to fly.
Contact Chris Brook
Tel: +44 (0)7941 043779
Strong seat pack emergency parachute. Previously used in Yak, in perfect order repacked and ready for use (or hopefully not).
Checked and repacked by myself BPA Advanced Instructor/Examiner Rigger APP#91 £350 ovno.
This system has been dismantled cleaned reassembled inspected and packed. Can been seen at Langar Airfield, Langar, Notts NG13 9HY.
Contact Dave Morris
Tel: +44 (0)7774 986600
The Glos Airtourer. A good all round two seat sport aircraft flown to 2nd place in the air squadron free style.
- 150 HP
- Fixed pitch propeller
- 140 MPH cruse
- Total time 2230 airframe and engine
- 314 hrs since new camshaft, bearings, crankshaft plated, oil pump, filter mod, re bore, new pistons and prop referb
- ARC due 15/10/15
This Christen Eagle 2 has a airframe total of 1520 hours. Airframe, Fabric & Paintwork is all perfect. Delivery of a new aircraft forces reluctant sale.
Price reduced to £60,000 for quick sale
No expense has been spared on this plane as it was our intention when we bought it to make her the best example flying. We have fitted a new undercarriage that is gun drilled (so no external brake pipes), new front ratchet hooker harness to match the rear one.
A new fully reconditioned 200HP (zero timed) has been fitted and the Propellor zero timed January this year. All mods complied with and permit is valid till 24th June 2015. Aircraft was built in 1982 in USA. All log books and documentation available.
Aircraft is ready to go and is based at Ludham, East of Norwich in Norfolk UK. This plane gets attention wherever it goes - it has the best paint scheme around and is a guaranteed eye-catcher.
Contact Tony Walsh
Tel: +44 (0)1493 369138
Arguably the finest unlimited aeroplane you can fly!
- NEW ENGINE. Airframe serial No-12. Total Airframe hrs 1,270 (March 2014)
- Lycoming AEIO-540 L1B5D just fitted.
- 4 Blade MTV-14-B-C, 34hrs since o/haul 21 April 2011
A fine example of the CAP 232. Shares would be considered. Currently based at White Waltham in the UK. New annual April 2014.
For sale at £125,000. Contact Julian Murfitt:
Tel: +44 (0)7712 657383
- Built in 2011
- 210 engine & prop hours German registered
- Engine: Lycoming AEIO 580 L1B5, 315HP
- Prop: MTV-9-B-C/C203-20d
- Fuel: 74L Acrotank 2 x 105L Wingtanks
- Transponder: Filser TRT 800 H
- Brakes: Cleveland
- Smoke System: 30L Tank with electric Fill System
Tel: +353 87 2260418
Built 1992. Engine 220 TTE, TTAE 1840, 4 blade propeller 200 hrs (overhaul due 2016). Bendix King KMA28 Com/GPS, Becker AR3201. Sighting device. Full smoke system. Good condition, always hangared. Full Cambrai cover.
Based at Goodwood. Amazing value for a stunning aeroplane. Price + VAT. Contact Mark:
Tel: +44 (0)7768 554644
Zlin Z326 1966. Airframe TTSN 580h (60h SMOH completed 2009 ). Engine, Walter Minor 6-111, 547h SMOH. Crankshaft corrosion checks and top overhaul just completed. Hoffmann propeller, King 197 Com. Garmin GTX328 Mode S transponder, Flightcom intercom, EASA C of A. New ARC and annual. Fully Aerobatic (+6 -3), Immaculate condition.
Tel: +44 (0)1491 638442 / +44 (0)778 651942
The best aerobatic touring aeroplane around
5hrs range at 125kts with reserve, +5/-3.5 takes it to Intermediate level. Zero timed engine, fresh annual Oct13. Internal wing spar inspection. Very good condition.
Further details from John Scott:
Tel: +44 (0)7801 268960
Either new or second hand and in excellent condition, being re-packed and re-certified by one of the UK’s leading parachuting operations.
A good selection is always available, including different types. Especially those that come down the back and under the thighs. Dimensions are 770x370x65mm. Max deployment speed 200mph, max weight 253 lbs and min deployment height 60 metres. Thin back glider types are also available
We have supplied chutes for the following aircraft in last 2 years: Vans RV 8, RV 7, RV 4,Yak 52, Cap10b, Stampe, Slingsby Firefly, Steen Skybolt, Citabria, Europa, DH Chipmunk, Piper Matisse, Acrosport 2, Jurca Tempete, Christen Eagle, as well as Silence Twister.
Pre used ones in the region of £500-£600 but any new slimback chute inc VAT is now in region of £1600. Parachute bags also available.
Contact Richard Boyton:
Tel: +44 (0)1376 330220
Based at Panshanger, a well run, well maintaned and extremely well funded (c £22,000 kitty) iconic aircraft offers the aspiring aerobatic pilot cheap flying with lots of availability. Running costs £150 per month and £100 per hour wet.
Contact Phil Massetti:
Tel: +44 (0)7977 586205
Built to an exceptionally high standard in 1998 and installed from new with a factory new 200hp Lycoming AEIO-360-A1D this aircraft includes all the correct modifications at build stage (latest Aviat fuselage with the proper gear strengthening, solid compression ribs for drag wires, â€œBâ€ type propeller hub).
Lightly built with over 500lb payload, excellent balance and with a TTAE of 397 hours this aircraft is still in immaculate condition - original and unspoiled with build log and build photographs.
The Christen Eagle is the perfect all round aircraft for the UK being one of the very few that is aerobatic (with inverted systems), has two seats with ample room, ample useful load and can be operated on an LAA permit to fly.
Permit till August 2012, fitted with ratchet double harness, JP Instruments Fuel Scan 450, Garmin GTX 327 and GNC250XL. 2 softie parachutes and smoke system available separately.
- Super comfortable articulated harness
- Slimmer, flatter profile
- EASA approved
- ISO9001 and AQAP certified
- UK Dealer support
- Competitive price point
T.P.F Parachute services:
Tel: +44 (0)1600 861920 or +44(0)7785 352306
Parachutes for ALL purposes
"The Wedge" is specifically designed to provide good lumbar and sacral supportduring high positive-G maneouvres. Weight approx: 17 pounds
Contact Rob Howarth:
Tel: +44 (0)7739 555203
Treat yourself to a copy of the best book ever written on free-style flying, by the all-time acknowledged expert in his field. Xavier de Lapparent's world championship winning knowledge and experience with Sukhoi and CAP unlimited aeroplanes in four-minute freestyle events is all here in step-by-step mode, translated from the French by Diana & John Britten.
£62.00 plus postage (UK £2.50, Europe £5.00, US & rest of world £7.50)
For much less than the cost of half an hour in your aeroplane, take a leaf from the Master's book on "How to Do It". In the first instance please contact Diana Britten at:
Tel: +44 (0)1932 873332
How to add your own advert...
To display your own advert on here, for free, please contact the webmaster to organise this. The rules are as follows:
- The item for sale must be your own property or privately sought by you, ie. not Trade or from / for a third party
- Your copy must include your full contact details - preferably with your email address
- Neither the BAeA nor its web masters or any other officer can act on your behalf or as an intermediary
- The BAeA takes no responsibility for any aspect of displayed copy, and may withdraw any item without notice